The problem of construction site theft is increasing day-by-day and we can consider it the industry-wide problem. The theft of building materials, tools, and heavy equipment has always been a big issue and even with implement the security system or installing the web cameras, we are not able to completely overcome this issue. In order to completely overcome this issue, we need an effective security strategy that covers several security measures. Covering one aspect of a complete strategy can never be helpful.
If you want to protect your construction site from theft then these strategies will be helpful for you which are as follows:
- Keep your site well-lighted even after completing the work hours.
- Always be present and make sure that your employees know that you are aware of their day-to-day activities and their accomplishments.
- Keep your site locked after completing the work hours and provide the control keys to only supervisors so that complete control will be in their hands.
- Keep your precious assets like tools and equipment in a secure place.
- Set up an alarm system to notify the concerned authority in case of any emergency.
- Set up video surveillance on the entrance, exit and inside the worksite.
- Hire the well-trained security guards for your site so that you can protect your staff and site from any uncertainty.
- Install GPS tracking system on the valuable assets like for heavy equipment so that it can be tracked in case of theft.
- Don’t overstock equipment, order only if you need it.