When the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) started collating crime data from states it was observed that in the year 2015 most number of crimes happened since 2005.
Here are some important Crime Data taken from the report.
A total of 73,26,099 cognizable crimes comprising 29,49,400 Indian Penal Code (IPC) crimes and 43,76,699 Special & Local Laws (SLL) crimes were reported, showing an increase of 1.3% over 2014 (72,29,193 cases).
Maharashtra accounted for 9.3% of total IPC crime reported in the country followed by Madhya Pradesh (9.1%), Kerala (8,7%), Uttar Pradesh(8.2%),Rajasthan (6.7%), Tamil Nadu(6.4%), Delhi(6.5%) and West Bengal(6.1%).
- Delhi UT reported the highest crime rate (916.8) under IPC crimes followed by Kerala (723.2), Madhya Pradesh (348.3), Assam (321.8), Haryana (310.4),Telangana (290.7) and Rajasthan (273.9).
- Uttar Pradesh has reported highest number of cases of SLL crimes, accounting for 58.2% of total SLL crimes reported in the country during 2015.
- Uttar Pradesh reported highest SLL crime rate of 1,181.2 in the country during 2015 followed by Kerala (1,115.0),Chhattisgarh (955.6), Uttarakhand (840.5) and Gujarat (492.7).
- The cities of Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Jaipur and Kolkata have accounted for 25.7%, 6.4%, 5.3%,3.9% and 3.5% of the total IPC crimes reported from 53 mega cities respectively.
- During 2015, total of 6,25,279 cases were reported under crime against property which was 21.2% of total IPC crimes. Out of 6,25,279 cases of properties crimes, theft (4,67,833 cases) accounted for 74.8% of total such cases.
- During 2015, total of 1,50,170 cases were reported under economic crime (IPC),out of which maximum cases were reported under cheating (1,15,405 cases) which accounted for 76.8% of total such crimes.
- Uttar Pradesh reported the highest number of cases of murder accounting for 14.7% (4,732 out of 32,127 cases)of total murder cases and the highest cases of culpable homicide not amounting to murder accounting for 42.1% (1,338 out of 3,176) of total such cases during 2015.
- Personal vendetta or enmity (4,758 cases) was the major motive of murder which accounted for 14.8% of total murder cases followed by property dispute with 11.0% (3,540 cases) and personal vendetta or enmity (372 cases) followed by class conflict (307 cases) were the major motives of culpable homicide not amounting to murder accounting for11.7% and 9.7% of total such cases respectively during 2015.
Considering these trends one can easily understand that we are not safe even after all the law and enforcement we all need to be prepared for ourselves.
Prevention should be our goal and for that we need to understand the possible threat and act to prevent it.
Fireball Securitas has been providing security services to the highly regarded businesses and persons for almost 19 years.
We provide services like Guarding Services , Background Screening, Investigation, Facility Services, Corporate Intelligence, Consultancy Services.
Our selection procedures and tough mental and physical training prepare our security guards to perform their duties even in the worst conditions.
Do not underestimate your security requirements. Get your property and loved ones secured with Fireball Securitas.
Call Us Now: +91 8586977224
Visit Us: www.fireballindia.com
Read more on our Blog: http://www.fireballindia.com/blog/